Coast Watch Alliance’s purpose is to address, coordinate and promote the responsible use of our oceans and coastal environments; to educate and enlist humanity to protect, restore and conserve the quality of the natural and human marine and coastal environments on a local and global level.
- Our dedicated staff works with businesses, elected leaders, and community groups on the biggest issues we face today.
- Reviving the World’s Oceans
- Addressing Reef System Threats to include Water Quality and Invasive Species
- Defending Endangered Marine Species and Coastal Environments
- Improving and Protecting Surface and Groundwater
- Fostering Sustainable Coastal and Marine Environments for the sake of economic and environmental benefits
CWA is committed to directing its resources and talent towards researching the most efficient methods of conservation of our coastal and marine assets. In simple terms, our goal is to figure out how to restore and maintain our marine environment not only for the benefit of those environments, but also for the benefit of the people that use it, and for the economies that derive resources from it.
Research is only one portion of the overall strategy to achieving our mission. Education is another important element of our approach to creating a sustainable system of conservation. People who are informed make better decisions—that is a given. Creating straightforward, accessible conservation practices that can be adopted and integrated into daily activities of stakeholders is another way we intend on tackling coastal and marine conservation.
CWA’s most important contribution towards the goal of sustainable conservation is to provide financial and logistical support to efforts that support the organization’s mission. This is accomplished by dedicating charitable contributions towards efforts that align with our philosophy and work towards our goals.